Re: Anybody deploy grsecurity on Fedora?

2008/4/30 McGuffey, David C. <DAVID.C.MCGUFFEY@xxxxxxxx>:

> Have been watching the PaX and grsecurity efforts for a while, but haven't
> had a need to add them to a Linux box yet…either for a customer, or in a lab
> for playing.
>

> I noticed that the PaX stuff seems to now be merged into grsecurity. The
> most recent release of grsecurity has some interesting security features I'm
> interested in testing.
>

> Anyone deploy grsecurity on a recent Fedora release (7 or 8) or RHEL 4 or 5?
> If so, any problems, lessons learned, or tips?

I haven't used and don't know much about it or its relationship, if
any , with fedora , I don't think it goes as far as SELinux but that
is just speculation based on a quick overview of the following which i
will now review in depth to correct any mistaken notions i might have.
If you come across better resources that explain this better please
post back.

www.cs.virginia.edu/~jcg8f/GrsecuritySELinuxCaseStudy.pdf

http://forums.grsecurity.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&p=7954

http://www.grsecurity.net/