How to get webcam working under Fedora Core 8

Hi,

I've installed Fedora Core 8. Got everything working fine but my webcam.

If I log in as root, Ekiga seems to find the attached device if I have V4L2 selected as video plug-in, but not if I select V4L. No other packages find it (notably Skype and GYachE).

If I log in to a user account, not even Ekiga finds it, even if I select V4L2.

I've tried installing the gspca driver via the livna repository, but it didn't change anything. I'm not sure the gspca driver actually supports my webcam.

I get this info if I run the v4l2-tool:

Bus 002 Device 003: ID 0ac8:303b Z-Star Microelectronics Corp. ZC0303 WebCam

Does anyone have any tips/suggestions/solutions by any chance? Thanks if so :)

David