Re: Fedora Desktop future- RedHat moves

Alan Cox wrote:

If Redhat's legal staff spent half the time finding ways to make things doable instead of playing the "just say no" game, most of these problems we speak of would become administrivia instead of broken systems.

In my experience (and I work with these people) they spend their time
trying to find ways to make things doable, but sometimes the US legal
system has its head so far up its backside it can suck its teeth.

The people who can change that are not a few lawyers - it takes -the
people- to do so.

Did someone say Debian redistributes the Sun JVM? If so, I think that's the real surprise here. I always considered them to be the most conservation of the distributions and the least likely to include anything that isn't strictly open source.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesel@xxxxxxxxx