Re: [RFE] Red bikeshed

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 16:45:52 +0100
"Bill Crawford" <billcrawford1970@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In view of the increasing prevalence of users with impaired colour
> vision I would like to suggest changing the boot sequence to use blue
> to indicate failure to start a service.

What difference would that make, other than to change which people have
trouble with the colours indicated ? The initscripts print OK/FAILED and
anything else that is colour dependant needs to provide symbols as well
as colour just as they do.

You should also be careful as there are cultural assumptions about red
and failure which are not true of blue.

Alan