Re: Why Restart & Shutdown Buttons on login screen

Mustafa Qasim wrote:
Dears lets consider some child at your home on someone else who didn't have user account on ur system or on that particular OS accidentally turn on the computer or boots into the OS where he doesn't hold any account to login. Now how he can safely reboot your machine without logging in. Here the Shutdown & Restart buttons provides the facility to safely shutdown or restart ur OS.
I tend to agree. Similarly, it seems that a normal user can "reboot"
from the command line, but not "poweroff". I would have thought reboot
and poweroff would be root-only.
Obviously this decision has been made for some reason but I can't quite
see it at the moment.
--
Chris Mocock

[email protected]
www.wavestore.com
Office: +44 (0) 208 756 5456
Mobile: +44 (0) 7967 321 628

Wavelet Technology Ltd., Unit 1 Hayes Metro Centre, Springfield Road, Hayes, Middlesex UB4 0LE
The contents of the e-mail and any attached files are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the individual to whom they are addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient and have received this email in
error, you are advised that the subsequent use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing or copying of any part of the e-mail is strictly
prohibited.