Re: Text mode browser with javascript for Fedora 8 - suggestions?

Andras Simon wrote:
On 4/24/08, Chris G <cl@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Are there any text mode browsers with javascript support in the Fedora
repositories?

I don't know of any such thing.

It would be really useful to have such a beast for configuring my
router via an ssh login to my home system.  It would save opening up
the router's web interface to the outside world.

You don't need to. If you can ssh into your box, you can probably also
do ssh -ND 3333 me@xxxxxxxxxxx

and then

Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Network -> (Connection) Settings ->
Manual proxy configuration
HTTP Proxy: localhost
Port: 3333

in Firefox. (There's nothing special about port no. 3333.)

After this, all FF requests will (seem to) originate from your home
box.

Of course, if you're sitting at a machine with X on it, you can also
just use the FF on your home box.

Something else you can perhaps do: I don't know about your router, but
mine (Linksys WRT54GL) also can't be accessed without a JavaScript
enabled browser. But, on closer inspection, it turned out that the JS
is only there to scare you; by looking at what it did, it was easy to
write a script that can be used to control the router from the
commandline.

Andras

links is a text mode browser with javascript.

yum install links