Re: F8 update kills KDE

On Saturday 19 April 2008 17:09:05 Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-04-19 at 13:09 +0000, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > max <maximilianbianco <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > > I wish I had something useful to offer here but I tried KDE on Fedora
> > > when I first loaded F7. Second class ctizen. It appears that is still
> > > the case. Perhaps the Fedora KDE lovers are not vocal enough...
> >
> > That's not true. What he ran into was just a bug (which should be fixed
> > already, crossing fingers).
>
> It's true to the extent that many people (including RedHat people)
> assume one is using Gnome, and most or all of the documentation also
> makes this assumption, especially when explaining how to do stuff from
> the GUI. It's fair to say that Fedora is a Gnome-centred distro that
> *also* supports KDE.

I think that that *was* the case.  I'm not sure that it still is so.  Also, I
believe that I read somewhere that RH did a survey of its Enterprise users, a
year or so back, and found that around 50% of them use KDE.  That's a big
spur to getting to grips with it.  I know that a lot of work has been done on
KDE this year.

Anne