Help transfering DV tape to Fedora 8 system via firewire and dvgrab

Ok. I solved this under F7. And now I cann't find my notes 8-(. Worse,
my Google-Fu isn't currently turning up any leads. Now, before I take a
nice stiff drink of dihydrogen monoxide and start researching again -
anybody here want to chime in with a clue or three on breaking the
mental jam??

dvgrab is reporting the completely helpful "no camera found". lsmod
shows a module firewire_core loaded, but I suspect that there is
another that I need somewhere.

Obviously I need a clue!

Thanks to all for the use of bandwidth!