Re: Slightly <OT> Java using ipv6

On Thu, 2008-04-17 at 21:08 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
> Sorry for the noise, but I'm not getting releif anywhere else. I get
> this java error when trying to use xvbf
>
> XRemote Window is enabled
> _XSERVTransSocketOpenCOTSServer: Unable to open socket for inet6
> _XSERVTransOpen: transport open failed for inet6/iam.wayward4now.net:2
> _XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to open listener for inet6
> atomWmTransientFor = 68
>
> Fatal server error:
> Could not initialize remote window server
>
> I remember being advised on how to turn inet6 off for good, but now I
> need it back on. <grins> Any Java Guru out there have a clue?? Ric
----
please clarify if I misunderstand you because it looks like the other
way around...

that ipv6 is turned off on Fedora but your java software wants it on.

While I would think that the above is just a 'NOTICE' type error and not
at all important, if you want to turn ipv6 on, it's likely that all you
need to do is...

# cat /etc/sysconfig/network
NETWORKING=yes
NETWORKING_IPV6=yes
HOSTNAME=cube

but it's possible to disable ipv6 via older methods - i.e.
in /etc/modprobe.conf

watch for 'net-pf-10' entries because an 'off' there would also have
shut it off.

restart network daemon...good to go

but if I misunderstood you...

Craig