RE: Am I blacklisted?

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
|On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 07:44 -0700, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
|> Christoph Höger wrote:

|> |of blacklist

|config changes,

|> |
|> |Hi,
|> |
|> |I normally do recieve copies of my own messages. The option
|is enabled.
|> |I also use evolution for downloading and that _normally_ works.
|> |It really seems to be some filter.
|> |

|> I have found in certain situations, that Evo sometimes 'un-reads'
|> messages before the user actually reads it, because new messages
|> are the first message read on the current line, assuming of course
|> that Evo is running and the account running idle.
|
|Would you care to rephrase that? I've read it several times and can't
|figure out what you're trying to say. What do you mean by "the current
|line"? What do you mean by "the account running idle"?

Sorry for the confusion, I will try my best to explain the situation.

When the account is running idle and when Evo/Exchange is left in it's
state whatever it is in, it seems that every new incomming message is
being marked as 'read'. It does not seem to matter where the current
cursor is.  I note that using another client such as 'Outlook' or a
'IMAP Client' on another machine, almost all messages are being shown
as 'read', which means all messages appear in normal text, non-bold.

But going back into Evo on the linux machine, most messages appear to
have dissapeared from the list, even if the filters are explicitly set
to 'Show: All Messages', and 'View: Show Hidden Messages' are activated.

You would not even know that new messages arrived and disappeared while
your account was idled unless you looked in an Outlook client on Windoes
which shows ALL messages read and unread. So clearly, there is a problem
with the Evo client, it does not show all messages that have arrived since
it has been running, is in complete synchronization with the Exchange server,
and shows ALL messages read, unread, and unmolested reads.

I also noticed that when Evo/Exch is NOT running, all these problems stop.
I have two F8 systems and I tested both of them independently, and both
appear to do the same thing when running and synchronizing with the
Outlook Exchange Email Server: reading every email message as it comes in
and messages appear for while in the list, but disappears on the next synch.
AFAIK, I have not seen any option settings for Evo/Exchange to stop this problem.

|> I also noticed that once the message becomes unread, Evo somehow
|> hides that and subsequent messages - that is - it no longer appears
|> 'in the list' because it is un-read, which quite frankly is imo, bad
|> form.  I have given up trying to figure out how to disable
|that 'feature'.
|
|Do you have (1) Show: All Messages selected (pop-up menu just above the
|message list)? (2) Do you have anything in the Search: box?

1) Yes
2) No.

|> Furthermore, on a different machine where I actually read my messages
|> and under Outlook, the messages are all un-read.
|
|There's been a lot of discussion recently about the interpretation of
|"new", "unseen", "recent" etc., especially for IMAP folders. See
|http://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/. Are you using IMAP?
|Exchange? POP? Groupware? These details are important. Also, you don't
|say what version of Evo you have. The latest on F8 is 2.12.

1) IMAP: No.
2) Exch: Yes.
3) POP:  Yes.
4) Ver:  2.12.3