Re: iwl3945 improved: led now working!

max bianco wrote:
On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 1:18 PM, Frank Elsner <Frank.Elsner@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 11:58:18 -0500 Paul Johnson wrote:
 > On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 8:53 AM, Frank Elsner <Frank.Elsner@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  [ ... ]

 > >  I've tried the 2.6.24.4-64.fc8 with my F7 system. LED goes on during boot
 > >  but network start fails constantly to determine an ip for wlan0 via dhcp.
 > >
 > >  --Frank Elsner
 > >

 > We've discussed connection troubles here.  Prominent, widespread
 > problem is that users have 2 services turned on that should be off.
 > The wpa_supplicant and network services should be off, and
 > NetworkManager should be on.
 >
 > I was one of the people for whom wireless never worked and I
 > complained all the time.  Finally removing the wpa_supplicant service
 > was the key, and now I can connect to wireless dependably using the
 > nm-applet program.

 Misunderstanding, I guess :-)

 I've *no* connection problems. I just tested the 2.6.24.4-64.fc8 kernel
 with my (working) configuration (using wpa_supplicant) because I want
 to see the led flashing :-)

That makes you feel better? that the LED is flashing? You realize it
just means the thing is consuming more power. A trivial amount to be
sure, actually i probably just spent more energy typing and sending
this email but strangely enough this realization has not prompted me
to stop typing. In fact that realization is just making this take
longer and using more precious energy.

It's quite useful in that it tells you:
1.  That the wireless is on.
2.  That there is network activity.