Re: machine is freezing all the time, cannot do anything

Antonio Olivares wrote:
Dear all,

As I send this message, I run the risk of it not
getting to where it should.  The machine is constantly
freezing.  I cannot do anything with it anymore :(

What should I do to troubleshoot it?

Here's smoltProfile:

To share your profile:
http://www.smolts.org/client/show/pub_d987b6b2-71ec-4cfd-82c8-e822f9a5ec5a
(public)

Suggestions/Advice/Comments/Welcome :)

I tried to install the update, but the machine crashed
and did not accept them :(
TIA,

Antonio

Check your power supply with a digital volt meter. Don't trust the on-board monitors for voltages. I have had that issue already occur.

Also I have a new machine that was locking up on me and turned out to be the BIOS. Changing the BIOS resulted in very stable operation. This problem showed up when I added more memory.

--
Robin Laing