Re: LS-120 drive

Anne Wilson wrote:
I need to wipe some floppies before disposal. I have a usb LS-120 drive that I used to be able to use with linux, but it looks as though the drivers may no longer be in the kernel - it is of the vitage of zip drives. Or maybe I just need some extra packages installed? Can anyone help me get this working again?

Anne

If you have a large quantity of the disks, consider using a bulk tape eraser, if you have one, or a magnet if you do not. It is much faster, and does a better job. The erase heads on a disk drive are not as wide as the write head, so you leave recoverable data behind. (Something about not damaging adjacent tracks.)

Mikkel