Re: surveillance system

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 2:19 AM, Rilawich Ango <maillisting@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>   I want to setup a home surveillance system using web cams (Logitech
>  Express) and Fedora OS with video and sound recording.  Anyone can
>  recommend some information/website for reference?
>  1) how to make the web cams (Logitech Express) in Fedora/Linux?
>  2) How to play the web cams video?
>  3) how to record the video?
>  4) how to enable sound recording?
>  ango

This may in the long run better suit your needs :

http://www.linuxis.us/linux/media/howto/linux-htpc/

The home theater pc's I have seen integrate everything  music,movies,
lighting controls, and security into one system. This may be more than
you need but you don't have to set up every aspect of the system, just
the ones you need.

Max