fonts on a lcd monitor

Hello all
 I have recently gotten a 28 inch lcd monitor and fonts are not looking as
crisp as I would like especially white text on a black background in a
terminal for instance or with a transparent background. I am using a fully
updated Fedora 8 install with a nvidia 7600GS graphics card using the livna
nvidia drivers. The monitor I have is a HANNS-G hg281-D. I am looking for
suggestions on how to make these fonts look better in this situation. I have
the option

Option "DPI" "96x96"

set in my xorg.conf as suggested on the fedora forums and that has helped as
far as the other text on the screen for instance the menu's and text in the
gui's looks very good its seems to be just light text on dark backgrounds,
thanks in advance for tips or tricks you may have.
--
LostSon

http://lostsonsvault.org