Re: USB drive light does not turn off after "safely removing"

On Fri, 2008-04-11 at 12:03 +0530, Rohan Kulkarni wrote:
> When I say safely remove on a USB drive the icon disappears from the
> desktop but the light in the USB drive does not switch off. In Windows
> XP the light is also turned off automatically. What is the problem?

My USB flashdrive's light stays on all the time that there's power on
the USB port (i.e. all the time the computer's turned on).  It blinks
when things are being done on the drive, but that's all.  It does this
the same on Windows and Linux.

This behaviour may depend on your particular drive, and any special
drivers or software available to control the LED in a specific way.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.