Re: Medical Management Software

Craig White wrote:
On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 22:44 -0400, max wrote:
Anyone running Fedora at their medical practice? What medical management software is available?
----
http://linuxmednews.com/

Craig

Thanks. I had found this site and was surfing around too see what the possibilities are for this...gonna take some time to sift through it all. Do you by any chance have any advice to offer here? What you 've found that works well or what doesn't? Recommendations for particular applications? I am not a doctor and I don't play one on TV either but I do work with a medical practice from time to time. Some of their apps eat RAM for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Real hogs. Really bog down the machines. I have been kicking around the idea of asking them to try an open source solution but first I have to have one ready. So I am thinking of putting a box together with Fedora and some good medical management software for them to try. I know at least two of their programs (neither of which cause any problems) are just a client at their end connecting to a UNIX server, Medical Manager is one and the name of the other escapes me right now. The big offender is apparently a program called , Centricity , which according to their tech support needs 1GB of RAM above the OS's needs to run well because of its slick little interface. I just want functionality, glitter is nice but it don't count for much in my book if the user is constantly dealing with a frozen application. All advice, opinions, etc are welcome.

Thanks,

Max