Re: Thank you, unknown genius!

Anton Solovyev wrote:

I don't have time for this mess. Good bye, Fedora, it's CentOS for me then.

I thought I'd post an update. CentOS 5.1 looks a bit better:

1. Still no "Install Everything" option (thanks for the "right mouse click" tip). This malignancy does propagate it seems.

2. No bogus warning "do you want to install boot loader on the disk other than you are installing the OS?". Messed me up a bit with FC8, CentOS silently did the right thing: installed the OS on drive #2 and put boot loader on #1.

(There must be a good reason for printing a warning message against making the only bootable configuration, I am sure).

3. A surprise: unlike Fedora it got my video right even during the install (I have an ASUS Nvidia 8600GTS card and Dell 2408WFP monitor). Went into 1920x1200 mode right away and stayed there.

4. Ksh is present. Perhaps Redhat has to have it to be POSIX.

5. Xen kernel and regular kernel versions match.

So far seems quite a bit more polished. Thanks!

--

Anton Solovyev