Re: OT: Programming in C

On Monday 07 April 2008 18:39:13 max bianco wrote:
> I have seen some of these, most notably the Teach Yourself C in 24
> hours, I am avoiding this one as I think it highly unlikely that C can
> be taught in so short a time . I tend to leery of any book that claims
> to teach anything in so short a time frame but perhaps they are aiming
> at the advanced programmer with that one.

Don't discount this, for the first stage anyway.  When they say 'in 24 hours'
they are referring to 24 lessons, each of which should take you one hour to
go through.  You are expected, however, to treat it like a tutorial:  go away
and work with each chapter until you thoroughly understand it before taking
the next lesson.

I don't know the C books, but I have seen examples of these books.  I bought
TY linux in 24 hours when I first started.  It's not in depth, but it's a
fairly good starter.

Anne