Re: Where's the bluetooth jargon demystifier?

On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 19:54:59 -0400
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Did you run the --connect command after finding the device? (I assume
> so, but BT is magic)

When I was playing with bluetooth, I never once got --connect to
work, the only thing that ever caused the keyboard to appear
was doing a --search, then (before the search timed out) taking
the back off the keyboard and pressing the connect button.

I have since gotten everything working with the USB dongle, and
it functions perfectly. I never have to push any buttons on the
keyboard or dongle (even if I reboot or move the dongle to a
different computer), the USB interface lets the keyboard work
in the BIOS screen and in grub, etc.

I have abandoned bluetooth till I happen to get something that
only works in bluetooth mode and I am forced to try again :-).

Here's the tale of my keyboard:

   http://home.att.net/~Tom.Horsley/mini.html