Re: yum could not parse file?

Tom Horsley wrote:
I've been seeing this for a while now, anyone have any idea what
it is about? (Seems to be harmless):

Could not parse file '/usr/share/applications/kde/AdobeReader.desktop': No such file or directory

Every time yum updates firefox or gimp I seem to get this during update
or cleanup or both.

Nothing much to do with yum itself.

When you install applications that have .desktop files, a post installation script is run as part of the RPM package to update the menu entry when checks for .desktop files under /usr/share/applications. For some reason, it cannot parse the above mentioned file. Take a look and see if you can fix it.

Rahul