Re: Webcam hardware/software advice for Fedora 8

On Friday 04 April 2008 07:22:49 Bart van Kuik wrote:
> I'm looking for a good compatible webcam for my Fedora 8 laptop.
>
> Does anyone have suggestions for a good plug-and-play webcam?
>
> I also want to use video chat software where the other end can run
> Windows. Any suggestions for that? Skype 2.0? Others?
>
> My main priority is getting something working and I'm willing to mix
> non-free software and/or somewhat more expensive webcam hardware.
>
> Thanks,
> Bart

Hi

I've had 100% success on the basis of two!

The more recent one is a Trust one costing around £7. It didn't work
immediately on plugging in, but a quick google on the USB vendor/product ids
revealed it needed gspca installing. Yum came to my rescue and the rest is
history.

I only use my webcam for observing wildlife or time-lapse, but I think someone
recommended using kopete as software a few weeks back.

HTH

Nick