Re: DDNS and fedora

On Fri, 2008-04-04 at 15:15 +1000, Da Rock wrote:
> I have a ddns network, which does work but it needs to have the hostname
> sent to it. Ie; dhclient -H works, but unless it is run manually the
> forward and reverse mapping is not done by dhcpd.
>
> I checked that dhclient.conf has send hostname in it, but I doubt very
> much that it is being read as I have made changes there to no effect. I
> believe somewhere in the scripting there is an issue- the hostname
> settings getting overridden or something.
>
> I've checked the man pages, and they say to only adjust dhclient.conf,
> or add hooks. I've adjusted the hostname settings everywhere (not
> simultaneously) to see if it'll work- ng.
>
> Anyone else got ddns to work here and know what's missing? BTW I'm
> testing on a wifi connection, but I doubt thats the problem.

Which version of Fedora are you using?  I'm guessing 8, but that's only
a guess.  It may affect the answers you'll get.

Post your dhclient.conf file, so people can see what you've done.

Tell us more about your DHCP server, too.  Versions, configuration
details, etc.

I'm not using FC8, but I do use dynamic DNS tied in with my DHCP server,
clients get assigned addresses, their names get entered into the local
DNS, and I haven't had to customise their dhclient.conf files for it.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.