Re: Where does X11 get started for runlevel = 5 ???

clemens@xxxxxxx wrote:
On Sun, 2008-03-30 at 00:00 -0600, clemens@xxxxxxx wrote:
It seems that I should be able to find this, but I dont see it
(no need, just curious), where does X11 get started for
runlevel = 5 ?

I dont see it in the 3 startup scripts in /etc/rc.d nor the
scripts in /etc/rc.d/rc5.d .  It must be there, but I dont
see it... and thats iritating...
Have you looked through: /etc/inittab
Of course I know about inittab.
The REAL question here is where is the line of code that starts it.
It doesnt appear to be in init.d, nor rc.d, tho it could be there via an indirect call.
In any case, anyone else have a (real) idea where it is started?

http://www.linux.org.uk/pub/distributions/redhat/linux/7.2/fr/doc/RH-DOCS/rhl-rg-en-7.2/s1-x-runlevels.html

may provide a clue.

Max