Re: FC6 mount ntfs-3g problem.

max bianco wrote:
2008/4/2 Mikkel L. Ellertson <mikkel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
 I thought that it was listed in fstab with the user(s) option, the way his
is, that the mount command was run as root, as long as you ran "mount <mount
point>" or "mount <device>". On the other hand, using the format "mount
<device> <mount point>" requires root permissions. But I have not used
entries in /fstab for removable devices for a while - I use HAL instead.

I am not sure what his fstab should look like but as far as using the
mount command I have always found that you have to be root or have
permission explicitly granted. I plug in my external drive and it just
automounts for me, i don't remember doing anything special to get this
to work, but apparently this was not the case in FC6, i have never
used FC6. Hopefully he will  let us know what happened.

Max

FC6 would auto mount as well. But if you have an entry in /etc/fstab for the device, it will not get auto-mounted. In this case, he is using the users option, so anyone should be able to mount it. (The fstab entry was published earlier in the thread.) The difference between user and users is that with users anyone can unmount, but with user, only the person that mounted it can unmount.

Mikkel