Re: Linux is KING - Couldn't be hacked - Mac, Vista went down in flames

Les wrote:
On Tue, 2008-04-01 at 20:36 -0700, Richard England wrote:
Try dropping two trays , each about 2.5 feet long. They did that to me in the data center when I was in grad school. Luckily I had just printed they contents out and resequenced them. The manager of the data center had a cow when I told the staff to put the deck back together, but my advisor (bless him) stood behind me and insisted that if they had taken due care it wouldn't have happened.

Ah cards, loved 'em (not).  And drum cards. Boy there was an arcane art!

~~R

Did you have the diagonal line drawn on the top to help?

If they were Fortran, or COBOL, you could always sort on the line
number.  I don't remember the other languages having line numbers.

Regards,
Les H

Are you sure about Fortran and COBOL having line numbers? I didn't use COBOL enough to remember any more, but I remember only using line numbers or labels in FORTRAN if they were the target of a branching instruction.

Mikkel