Re: [OT]: Ho wto find files created on a specific date

Dan Track wrote:
Hi

I need to delete files in my /opt/html/ directory that were
created/modified ON the 20th of March this year? Is there a way for me
to do this?

Thanks
Dan

man find

The find command will do all you need it to do. Tons of options for searching for files based on access/modify/creation times. I've never tried the 'exec' part of find, I usually just pipe the output to whatever else I might need (and in this case you can pipe if to rm with arguments.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support