Re: shared printers in F8 - problem?

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 3:49 PM, Mike <mike.cloaked@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is currently a problem with CUPS printer sharing?
>
>   A month or so back everything was working fine with shared usb printers
>  on my lan.  Today one of the users on a machine on the lan could not see the
>  printer shared from another machine in the network and I have not made any
>  changes apart from F8 updates in the last month.
>
>  Any help/workarounds appreciated.
>
>  --

Had the same problem recently. Look in system-config-printers and
verify that the printer is still shared out and all other options
properly set and of course that the network printing port on the
firewall is open. Mine had the share this printer box unchecked, it
too had been working previously.  Update snafu i would guess....

Max