Fedora Core 8 and dvd::rip from freshrpm's problem

After a clean install of fc8, a full yum update, I then add freshrpms and install dvdrip. I then setup a project, rip the dvd, but the preview fails. I have searched their forum and found some issues but it seems non apply, there is no actual error other then that the file isn't created?

Anyone know what could be wrong?

Thanks!
jlc