Re: Error: API mismatch: the NVIDIA kernel module has version 169.12,

On Saturday 29 March 2008, François Patte wrote:
>Bonjour,
>
>I have an Nvidia graphic card and use dkms_autoinstaller to
>install/compile the driver from freshrpms.
>
>I get this message:
>
>Error: API mismatch: the NVIDIA kernel module has version 169.12,
>but this NVIDIA driver component has version 169.07.  Please make
>sure that the kernel module and all NVIDIA driver components
>have the same version.
>NVIDIA: Direct rendering failed; attempting indirect rendering.
>Error: API mismatch: the NVIDIA kernel module has version 169.12,
>but this NVIDIA driver component has version 169.07.  Please make
>sure that the kernel module and all NVIDIA driver components
>have the same version.
>NVIDIA: Direct rendering failed; attempting indirect rendering.
>
>How can I correct this?

I have my own installer routine, but you need to do the sh ./NVIDIA*.run once
at the beginning of using a new version as that will rebuild all the
libraries and such with the proper versioning.  I suspect that this dkms
thingy does it like my script in that it only builds the kernel module, and
if the libraries don't match, it will error out with messages resembling
those.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
> Tut mir Leid, Jost, aber Du bist ein unertraeglicher Troll.
Was soll das? Du *beleidigst* die Trolle!
	-- de.comp.os.unix.linux.misc