Re: Where's the bluetooth jargon demystifier?

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 12:41:56 +0000
"Tom Horsley" <tom.horsley@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> All I'm trying to do is arrange for my bluetooth keyboard (which definitely
> works with manual poking and prodding) to work automatically once
> my fedora 8 system has booted. Seems like it ought to be a simple task :-).

The more I poke around with bluetooth searches on the web, the more
it seems like I had the good fortune to buy my bluetooth keyboard
at the exact same time hidd is going away and the new hcid input server
is replacing it. Perhaps this will all work if I start an annoying
gnome session and use the gnome bluetooth tools to setup the files
I need in the /var/lib/bluetooth directory. Hopefully I won't have
to run gnome all the time to get the keyboard to continue to work...