Re: compiling emacs 23 on f8

Le 28.03.2008 13:45, Neal Becker a écrit :
| François Patte wrote:

|> I try to compile emacs 23 in order to have a multi-scripts emacs with
|> indian scripts.
|>

| You can find m17n in development.
| rpm -qa m17*
| m17n-lib-devel-1.5.1-1.fc9.i386
| m17n-lib-devel-1.5.1-1.fc9.x86_64
| m17n-lib-1.5.1-1.fc9.x86_64
| m17n-lib-1.5.1-1.fc9.i386
| m17n-db-1.5.1-1.fc8.noarch
|
| My libotf package is just (hopefully) about to be accepted.  You can
find it here:
| http://nbecker.dyndns.org/RPM
|
| You can find my emacs-23.0.60.1 svn srpm as of yesterday there as well.

OK. Thank you. I got the whole stuff to rpmbuild emacs 23 and succeeded.

One remark: the construction:
emacs-->/etc/alternatives/emacs-->/usr/bin/emacs-23.60

is missing .....

Now regarding the Indian scripts, the problem is the same as before. OK,
more languages are added (bengali, tamil,...) but Emacs cannot find
fonts to display these scripts.

I have a lot of Indian fonts on my system, including cdac fonts which
are listed in Options-->Mule-->List Character Sets, but if you ask "show
the character tables", it is empty.....

Or I don't know how to use these new possibilities....

Last: if I enable devanagari-* input method, I get some display of the
glyphs, but it is ugly for the fonts used are unable to build any
ligatures which is a big problem for Indian scripts!! With this
devanagari input method, Emacs 22-1 used cdac fonts which are ligature
capable.

How to automatically enable a font set according to the input method
required? This is done for chinese, japanese...

Thanks for help.

- --
François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique