Re: Does FC really recommends Re-install instead of upgrade?

Mustafa Qasim wrote, On 03/28/2008 09:07 AM:
Hello!
         Is it just a myth or really people frequently face problems in
upgrading FC so they just re-install it. In some other Linux list one said
that Fedora recommends to Re-install instead of upgrade. Is it true? . And
what is the ratio and most common reasons that cause the problems people
face while upgrading FC to new release.

Well for me I haven't tried upgrade I just reinstall FC but now i'll try to
upgrade and see if I encounter any problems.

there are folks trying to make upgrade less painful/more reliable, so that reinstall is not a necessity.
Here is their documentation:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/YumUpgradeFaq

I tend to go for reinstall, because I don't have to wonder 'is this strange little issue I am seeing because of something left over from before the upgrade?', i.e., support is more straight forward on reinstall.

--
Todd Denniston