F8: Thinkpad T61 wakes up at random after hibernating

So, I have been having this same problem (not always, but very frequently),
ever since I upgraded to 2.6.24 kernels (all three released so far).

I put my trusty Thinkpad T61 on pm-hibernate, and it goes down peacefully:
however, within a second after everything shutting down, all lights off, it
revvs up and starts all over again. Regardless of whether the lid is closed or
open.

This does not happen always.

Any suggestions?

best,