Re: Fedora 9 Live Beta Locking up

max bianco wrote:

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 12:30 PM, Jim <mickeyboa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:mickeyboa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    max bianco wrote:

    > On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 11:13 AM, Jim <mickeyboa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:mickeyboa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    > <mailto:mickeyboa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:mickeyboa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>> wrote:

    >     max wrote:
    >     > Jim wrote:
    >     >> Running Live CD Fedora 9 Live Beta, on a Laptop, while
    booting it
    >     >> locks up just after the line;
    >     >>
    >     >> "ACPI: EC: Lookup EC in DSDI"
    >     >>
    >     >> I put CD in a  PC and it ran all the way through and loaded
    >     Desktop.
    >     >> What is it on Laptop that would cause  a Lockup??
    >     >>
    >     > ACPI = Advanced Configuration and Power Interface
    >     >
    >     > The rest of the line is greek to me but you might try
    fiddling with
    >     > the BIOS settings. You don't say what kind of laptop you
    have but
    >     > sometimes BIOS features have to be turned off to get
    things off the
    >     > ground. Don't quote me here but I think DSDI  is related to
    >     debugging
    >     > so i would look for something related to this in the bios
    and try to
    >     > disable it or enable it depending on its current status.
     You can
    >     > always, if you get into trouble, restore defaults in the bios
    >     and also
    >     > there is usually a way to load optimal settings in the
    bios, which
    >     > could solve your problem.
    >     >
    >     >
    >     > Max
    >     >
    >     I added to the , pass onto kernel line  "acpi=off" and it
    started to
    >     boot until it got to the point of detecting mouse,
    >     is there any commands i can send to kernel to bypass mouse
    detection ?
    >     Error message below;
    >
    >     "input: Macintosh mouse button emulation as
    >     /devices/virtual/input/input0  PNP: no PS/2 controller found.
    >     Probing ports directly."
    >
    >     This laptop is a Everex Cloudbook and it has no PS/2 mouse
    connection,
    >     if you want a external mouse you will have to connect to USB .
    >     It amazing, this laptop has no problem booting into Fedora 8.
    >     I would look at this as a bug, wouldn't you ??
    >

    > ...i'd say file a bugzilla but F9 is still not an official
    release so
    > it may be that it will get fixed before the final release. I
    would do
    > as  suggested above and check with the fedora-test and devel mailing
    > list to see what they think or you could crack open that desktop
    linux
    > reference manual or try a different mouse. Many are willing to help
    > but generally if its not officially released yet then you will find
    > that people are less concerned because many issues will get resolved
    > before final release( or you hope so anyway) As for another
    parameter
    > you could pass at boot time , i don't know off hand, i'd have to
    look
    > up how to work around mouse detection but that i think may mean
    > runlevel 3 which is no gui anyway.

    It is my understanding you can report to  bugzilla.redhat.com
    <http://bugzilla.redhat.com> but you
    select it as a "rawhide version"

Yes that's true but they are having a hard time keeping up with the bugs as is so that is why i suggested waiting for final release.
Max

I don't know about that Max, read the message below.
Thanks for your responds.
Jim

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2008-March/msg00011.html