Re: What linux lacks most - a decent remote fs

 Mmm... I dream of an easy-to-use remote fs with automagical local caching...

OpenAFS
Does all this. Works great. Super stable. Server and client software
for many platforms.

I know... but Fedora support for it is minimal. No rpm, right?

Messing with filesystems isn't fun if your distro doesn't actively support it. I did research openafs once, but you quickly run into statements like "it should probably work on Fedora X with kernel Y, but it hasn't been tested"...

It would be nice to see Fedora actively support openafs or something similar.

- Mike