Re: Fedora 9 Live Beta Locking up

Jim wrote:
William John Murray wrote:
On Wed, 2008-03-26 at 11:20 -0400, fedora-list-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I added to the , pass onto kernel line "acpi=off" and it started to boot until it got to the point of detecting mouse,
is there any commands i can send to kernel to bypass mouse detection ?
Error message below;

"input: Macintosh mouse button emulation as /devices/virtual/input/input0 PNP: no PS/2 controller found.
Probing ports directly."

This laptop is a Everex Cloudbook and it has no PS/2 mouse
connection, if you want a external mouse you will have to connect to USB .
It amazing, this laptop has no problem booting into Fedora 8.
I would look at this as a bug, wouldn't you ??

Looks like a bug!

NOAPIC as an additional boot parameter might help?
    Bill
What's the difference between NOAPIC and apic=off  ??
I have already fed apic=off to kernel boot line before booting.

Bug reports filed at http://bugzilla.redhat.com,  Bug #s   439020 an 439028