Re: Logitech webcam installation

On Mon, 2008-03-24 at 12:00 +0200, Sur wrote:
> * Robert P. J. Day wrote, On 03/24/2008 11:22 AM:

> >> You either don't read, or don't understand what you read. And I
> >> can't help you overcome any of those.
> >
> > um ... i'm not sure where that overt hostility comes from but the
> > original poster clearly referred to a version of logitech quickcam, to
> > which ric responded that *his* quickcam worked just fine with the
> > gspcav driver, which is typically really useful information.
>
> Oh, really?
> how "ric's webcam works" is useful in this thread? what purpose can it
> serve in this context?
> how old are you guys, actually?

It's not "Ric's webcam" it's a Logitech Quickcam that is the issue, get
that? I use the gspcav file straight from the website and re-build it
every time I upgrade the kernel (which takes about 2 minutes).

Back when I didn't have any luck with the 3rd party repo issued rpm.
I've reported this to others with the same model and they reported
success back. I'm 58, started computering in 1978, probably before you
were born, started three user groups, co-founded T.A.G.and worked at
Redhat in 1999-2000 in install tech support, back in the days of the $39
box sets for the average joe. Just check out my linux user number,
probably a heckuva lot lower than yours.

Currently I do IT stuff for a Non-Profit and we're working on a 3D
package to reduce recidivism in our Prison Systems. That's the world I
live in. I gave the OP the straight dope on what worked for me, and
others. He can pick it up or not, his choice ... I'm not in charge of
that.

Here's a link http://mxhaard.free.fr/download.html

There are a couple reported to be difficult. The newer gspcav code seems
to fix a lot of them. So, I advise trying it first. Again, everyone else
that I know that has tried it has reported success. The OP is getting
free advice here. YMMV, Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar