Re: installonlypkgs

Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 09:57:17 +1000
david walcroft <d_j_w46@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

david walcroft wrote:
Rahul Sundaram wrote:
david walcroft wrote:
Can someone tell me which file I  can find installonlypkgs in.
I cannot find it through 'locate'

It is a configuration option in yum.conf. Not a separate package.

Rahul

Thanks for that Rahul,I'll try 'installonlypkgs=4' in yum.conf.

 david

Sorry about that Rahul,I should have read the man page better,
I've tried 'installonly_4' but yum cannot parse yum.conf with this
option.What is the correct way tell yum to hold 4 kernels.

Hello, David
My yum.conf has the following line:
installonly_limit=2

I Google'd for installonly_limit=2 and I found the following:
http://www.accessgrid.org/node/1016

The section under the heading "More than 2 kernels when yum updating"
seems to talk about exactly what you want to do.  So, I would assume
that you would need a line in your "yum.conf" file something like this:
installonly_limit=4

Steven P. Ulrick

Thanks Steven just what I was looking for

 david