Re: Fedora Makes a Terrible Server?

max bianco wrote:
am I the only person that voluntarily uses Fedora? I have only been using it a short time but i understood it was a moving target when i signed on. This thread reminds me of KL. It wasn't that long ago so i am sure most of you remember to whom i am referring. Fedora is what it is and some have more experience than others. Is there some other lesson to take away from this thread?

Fedora tries to stay very close to current software development. That means you get the new features as well as the new bugs. On a desktop or as a second, non-critical machine that is a reasonable tradeoff, especially if you use the applications where the new features matter. This thread is mostly about servers where downtime is to be avoided at (almost) any cost and you want things to keep working for years. It isn't about fedora being inherently bad, it just isn't suitable for some uses.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx