Re: Boot issue after changing m/b

Chu Jeang Tan wrote:
I'll try that after I've installed a cdrom drive... At the meantime,
is there anything I can do to get to command prompt?

Such as dropping to command prompt when ram disk is finished
executing, prior to mounting the actual file system?

It might be possible, but I'm not aware of any way. Even if you could, I doubt you'd be able to do much from such a limited environment, being restricted to the following commands for example.

insmod
modprobe
nash
rmmod

There's other methods that would work, which wouldn't necessarily require a CD/DVD drive being connected to the machine, but they are far more involved and convoluted.

--
Ian Chapman.