Fedora 8 won't remember bluetooth mouse, hidd not running by default

Hello everybody!

Today I've migrated a laptop from FC6 to F8. I had some issues with the
bluetooth mouse.

F8 would not remember the pairing to the mouse. I had to type
hidd --connect <...> after each reboot. The hidd daemon was not running
by default and there was no file /etc/init.d/hidd. I solved this problem
by copying the hidd service file from the old FC6 installation, but I
have a suspition there must be another way to get a BT mouse working.

My questions are:

1. How do I pair a BT mouse in F8 *permanently*?
2. Why is the hidd service missing in F8 and what is its substitute?

--
bye,
Adalbert

In order to dial out, it is necessary to broaden one's dimension.