Re: Howto get/build kernel docs from kernel-doc rpm?

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008, Neal Becker wrote:

> I want to get the kernel man9 pages.
>
> I have kernel-doc-2.6.24 rpm installed.
>
> In  /usr/share/doc/kernel-doc-2.6.24/Documentation/DocBook/ is a Makefile,
> but it doesn't seem to work as-is:
>
> make pdfdocs
> make: *** No rule to make target `/scripts/kernel-doc', needed by
> `/wanbook.xml'.  Stop.

the stuff under the DocBook directory is meant to be built by running
the appropriate "make" command from the top of the kernel source tree,
not from the makefile in that directory.  so, short answer -- i think
you need to get the source tree, that doc rpm simply doesn't have
everything you need to build those man pages.

rday

Robert P. J. Day
    Have classroom, will lecture.