Re: Need a converter that converts any file (or at least ogg) to mp3

On Mar 22, 2008, at 10:43 PM, Antonio Olivares wrote:

--- Danny Strube (danny)
<no-reply-gw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

hi,
I need a converter that converts any file to mp3
formats, but every time when I search something in
google, than I only get crap or stuff for windows,
can anyone help?
-Danny lee 8-)

-- This is an email sent via The Fedora Community
Portal https://fcp.surfsite.org

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=251088&topic_id=54309&forum=24 #forumpost251088
If you think, this is spam, please report this to
webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and/or blame
dannystrube@xxxxxxxx

--

Did you look here?

http://wiki.linuxquestions.org/wiki/Audio_conversion

There you will find scripts to change to any format
that is needed/required.  There are some prequisites
of course, like mplayer, faad/mpg123 etc.  I have used
them and others successfully before.  If these ones do
not work for you, do not hesitate to ask for other
scripts that can do the job.

Regards,

Antonio

Try Lame it's command line based and easy to use. It does all sorts of audio formatting/conversion/etc