Re: Need a converter that converts any file (or at least ogg) to mp3

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 10:52 PM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Danny Strube (danny) wrote:
> hi,
> I need a converter that converts any file to mp3 formats, but every time when I search something in google, than I only get crap or stuff for windows, can anyone help?
> -Danny lee 8-)

Sox will convert most formats, but the fedora build probably doesn't
support mp3's so you may have to compile your own.

Fedora's sox is almost useless. Not only because of lacking of proprietary plugins,
but even the good ones are not there, such as flac.

If you want a very good tool with a very nice interface go for gnormalize.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ