Re: Installing Fedora 8 on Intel Core Duo

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 12:33 PM, Giulio Troccoli
<giulio.troccoli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  I've just tried with the Fedora Live CD and the same thing happens. One
>  thing I noticed is that it does NOT start udev. What I mean is that on
>  my laptop it says "Starting udev [OK]" before "switching" to the
>  graphical interface, while on the server it just says "Starting udev"
>  and then it goes black.

I've seen this happen with a certain motherboard with a memory
configuration that confuses Fedora installers. Setting the memory to
less than I actually have allows it to install and the regular kernels
were ok although they didn't see all the memory either (but at least
work otherwise).

John