atheros AR5006EG wireless network card

Hi,
I purchased a Compaq Pressario A900ED notebook and installed fedora 8. Internet connection with the network cable plugged in works fine. There is however no chance to make the wireless network card work (Atheros Communications Inc. AR5006EG). This card isn't supported by Madwifi driver ath5k. A patch should make this driver work, but when I install this patch, packeged by T. Chung (http://tchung.fedorapeople.org/madwifi/ar2425/) I can't boot anymore: it keeps hanging during the boot. Does someone have a better experience with this wireless card? Anyone got this card going with ndiswrapper?
Peter