Re: backup

Tom Holroyd wrote:
Show of hands: compress backups? Or 1:1 copy.

Compress on software, not on the device, backup to the most common device which will do the job. If you have room, don't compress at all.

And if you have sensitive data be sure you encrypt, and use something you can be sure of having available to decrypt. In practice that means open source to me, I had one company go out of business after a client standardized on their software.

I add software ECC to my most critical data, fortunately there's not all that much I have to handle.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>