Re: How to fix two disks with the same Volume Group?

Luciano Rocha wrote:
On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 08:46:41AM -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
 Luciano Rocha wrote:
But I do use the hostname as the VG, so I think that's best, probably
with current date appended (like: hostname080320).
That doesn't sound particularly unique to me. If you set up a dual/multi boot machine you'll probably want it to have the same hostname regardless of the boot choice, and you are likely to install the whole thing in the same day.

I wasn't talking of changing the hostname to include the date, but of
changing the VG to include the hostname *and* the date.

I thought the object here was to ensure that the VG's created by the separate installs of a multi-boot host did not get the same automatically-assigned name. You need the same thing for filesystem labels, especially if you move disks around.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx