Re: Opinions on Adaptec SATA HostRAID?

Steve Snyder wrote:
I'm thinking of using the embedded Adaptec SATA HostRAID functionality on my Supermicro X7DWA-N motherboard.

Does anyone have any experience using Adaptec's HostRAID with Fedora 7/8/9? Any success or horror stories to relate?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

If you have to use Adaptec's extra driver disk, you don't want it,
you will have to redo the driver on *EACH* kernel update, and it will
be a big problem each time to remember to do it (and if you don't the machine won't boot the new kernel).

If it works through dm-raid you should be ok, I don't remember if the Adaptec HostRAID works properly through dm-raid, I kind of think that it did start working a version or two ago, but I don't remember for sure, you should probably look on the dm-raid mailing list for more information about it, and for any gotcha reported with it.

                  Roger